LAST UPDATED: May 6, 2013
THIS DOCUMENT PROVIDES GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE POLICY OF THIS WEBSITE AND ITS PROTECTION, COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED ON THIS SITE. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT WITH YOUR PARENTS OR GUARDIAN AND ASK THEM QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND.
This website, www.mediander.com, is owned and operated by Mediander LLC (“Mediander”). Mediander recognizes the importance of explaining our privacy policies to users of our Site and protecting the privacy of Personally Identifiable Information we obtain through the site. Please note that this Privacy Statement may be revised by Mediander from time to time, particularly to address changes in our business, the law or technology. If that happens, we will post the revised policy here. Revisions are effective upon posting and your continued use of this Site after the posting will be subject to the changed terms of the policy.
The Site has implemented appropriate safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and to make proper use of the information that we collect. However, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your personal information, Mediander cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information you provide to us.
We may use the information you provide about yourself to provide the Site to you, to respond to inquiries about offerings and to offer other products, programs or services that may be of interest to you.
We may combine information we receive with outside records and share such information with third parties to enhance our ability to market products or services that may be of interest to you.
We may disclose personally identifiable information to third parties whose practices are not covered by this privacy statement (e.g., other marketers, magazine publishers, retailers, participatory databases and non-profit organizations) that want to market products or services to you. Such information will be disclosed, and offers will be made only with your permission, granted at the time that you provide such information. You may revoke your permission in the manner set forth below.
In addition to the foregoing, Mediander may share or disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies or individuals when:
- We utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails or processing credit cards), and ask these service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and not to use your personally identifiable information for any reason except to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them.
- We need to protect our legal rights (e.g., if we are trying to collect money you owe us, or to comply with legal processes such as subpoenas and court orders and when we believe in good faith that the law requires the sharing of your personal information).
- We must comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal or regulatory process; or in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by the websites to which this policy applies.
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our Site, and to enable us to customize your Internet experience. We also may use this information to analyze Site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs or services.
We may use your email address for the following types of email messages:
- Account Service Communications. We may send you communications related to products and services in which you are enrolled (e.g., subscription and membership communications).
- Updates and valuable offers. We may send you email account updates, offers for our products and services, requests for subscriptions, as well as valuable offers from our business partners that we send you on their behalf.
- Email newsletters that you elected to receive.
To unsubscribe from the Mediander newsletter and/or other electronic communications from Mediander or any of the Sites’ partners or affiliates, follow the unsubscribe instructions included in the email you receive. To exercise a cost-free option to prevent information from being shared for marketing and promotional purposes with third parties at any time, with respect to the Sites, send an email to the address below:
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 13. Children should always ask parents for permission before providing any personal information online. Moreover, no information should be submitted to or posted on these Sites by any Minor (a visitor under 18 years of age) without the consent of a parent or guardian. Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information about minors on these Sites, provide any personally identifying information about Minors, regardless of its source, to third parties, and do not knowingly use such information for any marketing or promotional purposes.
Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in social media, chat rooms, message boards, comments or similar posting areas, the information can be reviewed and collected by anyone. Therefore, do not post any information that you do not want to be made available to the general public. Mediander is not responsible for unsolicited communications that arise from your postings on these Sites.
We may use third party advertising companies and advertising networks to serve ads to you on our behalf when you visit these Sites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to these Sites and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit the following web addresses:
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you log on to the web. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address, so when a user requests pages from these Sites, our servers log the user’s IP address. The IP addresses of our users are collected only for the purposes of system administration, security and to report aggregate information to our advertisers, our corporate affiliates or consultants, or with third parties that perform a particular service on our behalf. We do not combine IP addresses with any personally identifying information, nor do we compile any session activity reports by IP address.